This breakfast seriously took me ten minutes to make… That’s it (this includes the time I sat and watched my eggs finish cooking- tough work, I know). It doesn’t get much easier than this.
– Two medium-sized eggs sunny side up. (140 calories)
– Half of a 100% whole grain English muffin with 1.5 tbsp. of peanut butter. (60 + 135 = 195 calories)
– One small bowl of blueberries and chopped banana (1/2 C blueberries, 1 medium banana). (40 + 90 = 130 calories)
– 1 large red apple. (70 calories)
– 1 C water. (0 calories)
– 1 C green tea. (0 calories)
I think you can all figure out how to prepare this meal, it’s SO easy and PACKED with heart healthy vitamins and protein to start my day off right! Not to mention my green tea and water to kick start my metabolism!
For me, breakfast is my absolute favorite meal and the time of day that I’m the most hungry! Because of this, I eat a large percentage of my daily calorie intake in the morning! On my 1250 calorie daily intake regime, this 535 calorie meal is about 40% of my daily calories! Plus, I’m writing this post 5 hours post meal and I’m still full!
Try a breakfast routine like this and feel yourself full of energy and satisfaction for the day that follows.