One of the quickest, easiest breakfasts that you can make in a hurry and still feel like you’re eating at a five star restaurant! This meal took me ten minute to make this morning and the result was worth every second of it- not to mention the satisfaction in my stomach and energy in my whole body hours later!
I made an egg scramble packed with protein as well as hearty vitamins from vegetables. I also included a yogurt parfait to add to my protein intake and incorporate some yummy fruit!
Also, if you’ve read my other posts, you know that I preach about the importance of drinking water before each meal. I had already had one this morning before I took these pictures!
I do however have my cup of coffee included. Despite the global debate on the nutritious impacts of coffee, I believe it has a way with kick starting my body in the morning (not to mention, it’s a guilty pleasure of mine), but I stay away from cream and sugar!
The ingredients I used for my egg scramble included:
1. 2 eggs
2. 2 tbsp skim milk
3. 1 cup chopped spinach
4. 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
1. Whisk together milk and eggs in bowl and set aside
2. Add chopped spinach to frying pan
3. Add chopped red peppers to pan
4. Pour egg mixture into pan and begin stirring on medium heat
5. Add basil and pepper to taste if desired (I did in this recipe!)
1. 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
2. 1/4 cup blueberries
3. Handful of unsalted almonds
4. Handful of granola
1. Add desired yogurt amount in small bowl (I use about 1/2 cup)
2. Dress it up with your toppings!
This dish is far more basic than it looks but just as delicious! This is just one of many quick, healthy breakfasts that I make on a regular basis! Some people feel as though they don’t have enough time to make a healthy breakfast in the morning, but I am a college student who could really use that extra ten minutes of sleep each day and I have found that this extra time makes all the difference.
Try it out and comment what you think!
#breakfast #healthy #healthyeating #cleaneating #eatclean #eggs #eggscramble #vegetables #healthybreakfast #yogurt #greekyogurt #yogurtparfait #coffee #spinach #greens #redpeppers